In October 2019, I started doing monthly resolutions in an attempt to improve myself and to conduct some life-experiments with only a medium level of commitment. It’s one of the best ideas I’ve ever had. Here, I keep a running list of my resolutions.
- NMR #0 (Oct 2019, half month): I will meditate 20 minutes per day. (This post includes intro to the idea and motivation.)
- NMR #1 (Nov 2019): I will practice piano for 15-30 minutes per day.
- NMR #2 (Dec 2019): I will (1) do a 16-8 intermittent fast, and (2) walk at least 10,000 steps every day.
- NMR #3 (Jan 2020): I will (1) practice mindful eating, and (2) stay below “heavy drinking” threshold each day.
- NMR #4 (Feb 2020): I will go to the gym (at least) once per week, and go to yoga (at least) once per week. (Failed)
- NMR #5 (Mar 2020): I will go to the gym (at least) once per week, or 5 times overall during the month.
- NMR #6 (Apr 2020): I will experiment with lucid dreaming, by (1) keeping a daily dream journal and (2) performing reality checks many times a day.
- NMR #7 (May 2020): I will (+) do a daily stretching and breathing routine in the morning, and (-) abstain from alcohol.